…to Hannes Becher’s web presence! Hannes is a statistician at the University of Edinburgh’s Institute of Genetics and Cancer. His background is in bioinformatics and population genetics.
- Workshop coming up: Introduction to Statistics in R
- Paper accepted on exploring the basis of genome size differences using k-mers!
- Hannes is supervising an MSc project on Marchantia population genomics. Stay tuned for news!
- Paper published in Annals of Botany on intraspecific genome size variation in British eyebrights (Euphrasia)
One of Hannes’ research interests are k-mer methods. Here are some links relating to his work:
- A paper on dissecting genome size differences using k-mers
- Polyploid k-mer app, Tetmer (on GitHub). Infer population parameters from k-mer a spectrum.
- Watch Hannes’s workshop talk on fitting population parameters to k-mer spectra
- The corresponding slides are here
You are very welcome to get in touch should you be interested in a student project on bioinformatics, genomics, or statistics.